Darqhorse is a producer and DJ we’ve been a fan of for a while here at Skirmish. A long time friend of the blog, the Cork native has been producing music for over 15 years, with modular synthesis being a particular focus. So much so that it formed a large part of his thesis for his MA in Art and Technology from the University of Limerick. The modular synth also takes front and centre of his his first full length album ‘Digital Dawn’, a labour of love he’s been working on for the past 18 months that is due to be released later this year.
Alongside this he’s also an avid record collector, having amassed an impressive vinyl collection over the past 25 years. Having loved his recent weekly radio show ‘Collapsing the Wave Function’ on Unknown FM, as well as countless other mixes we’ve heard from him, we were delighted when he agreed to be the latest contributor in our Skirmix series. With IDM, electro, techno, acid and breaks all making an appearance, it’s all that we love here, and an insight into his vast record collection and the sounds that influence his own productions.
Watch this space for an upcoming interview we recorded with him but in the meantime, zone out to the amazing mix he laid down for us below.
- RX 101 – Hearts Utd. (Brainwaltzera Remix) [Suction Records]
- Cult 48 – NoRevolution [Furthur Electronix]
- Roel Funcken – Textures (Plaid Remix) [Touched Music]
- Microlith & Sound Synthesis – Safe Travels [Fundamental Records]
- Shadow Acid – Diode Ladder [Exalt Records]
- Cignol – Memory Minor [Nocta Numerica Records]
- Sound Synthesis – Electric Flux [Distorted Sensory Perception]
- CRC – Downstairs [Furthur Electronix]
- Zodiac Childs & Moy – Sixth Sense [Nebulae]
- Bit Folder – Diggigel [Analogical Force]
- EOD – Evenhark [bbbbb recors]
- Unknown Artist – Herald [Analogical Force]
- Anodyne – Lockdown 3.2X (Somatic Responses Fractured Remix) [Acroplane Recordings]
- Pera Sta Ori – Fallow [Self Release]